Sunday, November 30, 2008

Its Not a Tumor

Holy crap. I've got a stomach bug. Was supposed to visit my mom this weekend, do some fishing, possible golf, and definitely spend a day or more in Yosemite. Was REALLY hoping to take pictures, hoping to find some monster bucks before they shed their racks in the near future.

But, the stomach kept me from going. Felt a little better for a day, then crappy the next day. It comes and goes, sometimes I feel better when my stomach is empty, other times I feel better when I eat. There's just no consistency.

I've had this before. I used to describe it as the "stomach flu" but I learned there's no such thing. It's possible I have a touch of the flu and it just happens to be affecting my stomach and nothing else, but more than likely, it's just a bug. I've had it before, I'll have it again. It lasts about 4-6 days, it's not the end of the world.

My mom sends me an email and reminds me of how my Dad had cancer 20 years ago and asks if I've been checked out for stomach cancer. Wow.

I told her, in the nicest way possible, she's officially gone off the deep end. I have a tummy ache and she starts thinking cancer. I told her to "step back, take a deep breath, and let the reality wash over your body." It's a stomach ache.

Good lord.

No comments: