Sunday, November 30, 2008

Yep, You're Going to Hell

I'm not a religious man, but I do believe there's some big picture that none of us are seeing.

With that being said, a man was killed on Friday as 2,000 shoppers stormed into a Walmart in the wee hours of the morning so they could save a few bucks on their electronics. The man was literally trampled to death. This happens every year but usually nobody dies. We hear the stories of elderly people getting walked over, people stepping on pregnant women, all to save money on some electronics or other goodies.

These people aren't running on a primal instinct to survive. It's not like there's a food shortage and they're fighting each other for food off a truck. There's no epidemic that's killing people and they're not fighting for medicine. They're just greedy pigs that are willing to kill other people in order to get a flat panel TV.

People tell me that no matter how well I treat others, no matter how much I help the planet or improve life for the unfortunate, I'm going to hell because I don't believe that Jesus died for our sins. That's fine, I'm not too worried about it. But I gotta tell ya, I don't care if you DO believe in Jesus, you're consumer greed got you a first class ticket to hell on the seat next to me. I've never killed anyone for a microwave.

No comments: